Living to leave a legacy for the next generation
We are not called grandparents because we have been retired from the parenting process. We are called “grand” because we have been promoted!
You’ve Been Promoted!
Those blessed with the gift of grandchildren are called to inspire and nurture the faith of the next generation as life’s greatest privilege and priority. Other than moms and dads, no one carries more stature and inherent authority in the lives of children than grandma and grandpa.
Grandparents can concentrate on more of the emotional and spiritual needs of the children because they usually do not carry the burden of the day-to-day priorities such as baths, meals, laundry, etc. Those duties most often fall to the parents, giving grandparents a unique and exalted position when it comes to influencing the next generation.
Having influence is not the same as using influence. Every time you invest in your grandchild before the age of 12, you make a “deposit” into the influence bank. The goal is to have enough in that bank to influence your grandchild through the teenage years and beyond. Commit to making significant deposits!
Life Stage Pointers & Idea Cards: Grandparenting
Life Stage Pointers provide a Catholic Christian perspective on common family seasons and challenges.
- Managing Family FinancesThe Bible has a lot to say about money and much that is specifically of value forContinue reading “Managing Family Finances”
- Grandparents: Influencing GrandchildrenGrandparents in the 21st century face a mix of new opportunities and challenges. Extended life expectancy hasContinue reading “Grandparents: Influencing Grandchildren”
The Idea Cards help you make faith conversations easy by providing simple activities you can do in one evening.
- Mealtime Prompt: The Year of the Lord-Making Your Household Calendar Christ-CenteredBest Use:As a family activity early in the new year. Nutritional Value:Creating memorable teaching moments about the Church’s calendar andContinue reading “Mealtime Prompt: The Year of the Lord-Making Your Household Calendar Christ-Centered”
- Christmas@Home: Blessing the Christmas TreeBest Use:As a Christmas family activity. Nutritional Value:Helping connect the traditional Christmas decorations to the birth of Jesus and theContinue reading “Christmas@Home: Blessing the Christmas Tree”
- Christmas@Home: Blessing the Nativity SceneBest Use:As a Christmas family activity. Nutritional Value:Helping connect the traditional Christmas decorations to the birth of Jesus and theContinue reading “Christmas@Home: Blessing the Nativity Scene”
- Holidays: Christmas Gifts from the HeartBest Use:As a Christmas family activity. Nutritional Value:Focusing on the true meaning of Christmas as you celebrate Christ’s birth andContinue reading “Holidays: Christmas Gifts from the Heart”
- Mealtime Prompts: Planning Your 2020 ChristmasBest Use:To guide a discussion with your household on your expectations and plans this Christmas. Nutritional Value:Helps you celebrate yourContinue reading “Mealtime Prompts: Planning Your 2020 Christmas”
435 High Ave. Oshkosh, WI 54902