God intends every marriage to reflect His love.
No one plans to become a broken family or a miserable couple. We marry because we yearn for a life-long, thriving relationship. In fact, marriage is so highly valued by God it has the elevated dignity of being a sacrament.
Building Strong Marriages
Sacramental marriage has three persons existing within it: husband, wife and God. This added presence of God is the “power boost” needed for all Catholic couples to overcome the challenges presented in marriage.
Another way to illustrate this picture is to imagine you needed a piece of rope to accomplish a strenuous task.
Would you choose a piece of rope made of two strands of hemp (husband and wife) or would you choose a rope made of three strands (husband, wife and God)?
There are so many negative influences opposing a successful marriage, it’s necessary to grab the stronger rope.
Life Stage Pointers & Idea Cards: Marriage
Life Stage Pointers provide a Catholic Christian perspective on common family seasons and challenges.
- Engaged: Getting Ready for MarriageCongratulations on this wonderful milestone. Few seasons in life are filled with as much joy and anticipation as the time spent preparing to get married. You’ve probably heard it saidContinue reading “Engaged: Getting Ready for Marriage”
- Married: Considering ChildrenEach of us have distinct strengths, passions and experiences that guide what we do in life. Marriage and parenting are a general calling that applies to most people of faith.Continue reading “Married: Considering Children”
- Building a Strong MarriageWe must understand that every marriage is intended to be a masterpiece reflecting THE marriage between God and His people. Marriage is the most frequent metaphor used in the BibleContinue reading “Building a Strong Marriage”
The Idea Cards help you make faith conversations easy by providing simple activities you can do in one evening.
- Mealtime Prompts: Reflecting on the PandemicDiscussion guide to help your whole household look back over the past few months Best Use:To guide as a dinner discussion starter with everyone in your home. Nutritional Value:Helps youContinue reading “Mealtime Prompts: Reflecting on the Pandemic”
- Date Night: Strong Marriage Annual PlanBest Use: As a date night discussion guide Nutritional Value: Helps you plan what activities and time slots to protect during the coming twelve months for building a strong marriage.
435 High Ave. Oshkosh, WI 54902