God intends every marriage to reflect His love.
No one plans to become a broken family or a miserable couple. We marry because we yearn for a life-long, thriving relationship. In fact, marriage is so highly valued by God it has the elevated dignity of being a sacrament.
Building Strong Marriages
Sacramental marriage has three persons existing within it: husband, wife and God. This added presence of God is the “power boost” needed for all Catholic couples to overcome the challenges presented in marriage.
Another way to illustrate this picture is to imagine you needed a piece of rope to accomplish a strenuous task.
Would you choose a piece of rope made of two strands of hemp (husband and wife) or would you choose a rope made of three strands (husband, wife and God)?
There are so many negative influences opposing a successful marriage, it’s necessary to grab the stronger rope.
Life Stage Pointers & Idea Cards: Marriage
Life Stage Pointers provide a Catholic Christian perspective on common family seasons and challenges.
- Managing Family FinancesThe Bible has a lot to say about money and much that is specifically of value for someone trying to be intentional about family relationships. A financial treadmill of workingContinue reading “Managing Family Finances”
- Engaged: Getting Ready for MarriageCongratulations on this wonderful milestone. Few seasons in life are filled with as much joy and anticipation as the time spent preparing to get married. You’ve probably heard it saidContinue reading “Engaged: Getting Ready for Marriage”
- Married: Considering ChildrenEach of us have distinct strengths, passions and experiences that guide what we do in life. Marriage and parenting are a general calling that applies to most people of faith.Continue reading “Married: Considering Children”
- Building a Strong MarriageWe must understand that every marriage is intended to be a masterpiece reflecting THE marriage between God and His people. Marriage is the most frequent metaphor used in the BibleContinue reading “Building a Strong Marriage”
The Idea Cards help you make faith conversations easy by providing simple activities you can do in one evening.
- Mealtime Prompt: The Year of the Lord-Making Your Household Calendar Christ-CenteredBest Use:As a family activity early in the new year. Nutritional Value:Creating memorable teaching moments about the Church’s calendar and making your household calendar Christ-centered.
- Christmas@Home: Blessing the Christmas TreeBest Use:As a Christmas family activity. Nutritional Value:Helping connect the traditional Christmas decorations to the birth of Jesus and the reason he came.
- Christmas@Home: Blessing the Nativity SceneBest Use:As a Christmas family activity. Nutritional Value:Helping connect the traditional Christmas decorations to the birth of Jesus and the reason he came.
- Holidays: Christmas Gifts from the HeartBest Use:As a Christmas family activity. Nutritional Value:Focusing on the true meaning of Christmas as you celebrate Christ’s birth and find ways to give gifts that money cannot buy.
- Mealtime Prompts: Planning Your 2020 ChristmasBest Use:To guide a discussion with your household on your expectations and plans this Christmas. Nutritional Value:Helps you celebrate your favorite holiday memories, identify your expectations for this year andContinue reading “Mealtime Prompts: Planning Your 2020 Christmas”
435 High Ave. Oshkosh, WI 54902