Inspire faith in the next generation.
Producing and guiding the next generation is a mission that stretches us and pushes us to depend on God like few other things in life, all the while revealing and shaping our larger purpose within God’s plan for humanity.
Building Strong Families
Those blessed with the gift of children are called to inspire and nurture the faith of the next generation as life’s greatest privilege and priority.
Every believing parent hopes his or her child will embrace the faith and grow deep spiritual roots. But studies tell us that over half of those growing up in Christian homes will walk away from Christianity by the time they leave the teen years – never to return.
Too often, parents “outsource” the spiritual formation of their children to the church. And while a good church is very important, God designed the family to be the primary place where faith is nurtured.
Life Stage Pointers & Idea Cards: Parents
Life Stage Pointers provide a Catholic Christian perspective on common family seasons and challenges.
- Caring for an Aging Loved OneAll of us know that our parents, spouse and other family members will eventually grow old and face inevitable health challenges. We even understand that sickness and death are partContinue reading “Caring for an Aging Loved One”
- The Empty NestAchieving the long-term goal of raising and launching children is one of those milestones in life that can lead to surprising emotions. One day you might feel relieved to catchContinue reading “The Empty Nest”
- Launching Young AdultsAfter years of saying, “When I grow up, I’m gonna be…” there comes a point in which your children start going through the steps of actually making it happen. Dr.Continue reading “Launching Young Adults”
- Preparing Your Child for Adolescence“Enjoy ‘em now, because they’ll drive you crazy when they’re teenagers!” That’s the warning parents of pre-teens often hear. Obviously, you and your pre-teen are in for a lot ofContinue reading “Preparing Your Child for Adolescence”
- Your Child’s Schooling OptionsParents are the gatekeepers and ultimate decision makers for their children. As you evaluate the many schooling options available to your family, reflect on the following questions and apply prayerContinue reading “Your Child’s Schooling Options”
The Idea Cards help you make faith conversations easy by providing simple activities you can do in one evening.
- Young Children: Parent PictureBedtime Blessing Best Use:As a bedtime prayer activity with young children Nutritional Value:A fun way to share a story and a prayerContinue reading “Young Children: Parent Picture”
- Adoration Guide for ChildrenBest Use:To help children participate and pray during Eucharistic Adoration.
- Morning OfferingA Prayer to Start your Day Best Use:To help you start your day grounded in prayer. Nutritional Value:Helps you start your dayContinue reading “Morning Offering”
- Blessing of GrandparentsBest Use:To honor and ask God’s blessing upon a grandparent. Nutritional Value:This blessing from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops mayContinue reading “Blessing of Grandparents”
- A.C.T.S. Prayer GuideA Simple Acronym to Help You Pray Best Use:To guide your personal prayer time or prayer time as a family. Nutritional Value:HelpsContinue reading “A.C.T.S. Prayer Guide”
435 High Ave. Oshkosh, WI 54902